2.) Cut and paste the list
3.) Bold or italicize items that apply to you.
(from this Facebook page)
1. You can properly pronounce Chickamauga, DeKalb, Dahlonega, Smyrna, Buena Vista, Valdosta, Hahira, Houston Co., Milan, Okefenokee, and La Fayette. P.S.. Atlanta = ADD-LANNA not AT-LANT-A.
2. You think people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies. (No, there are states with heat just as bad...)
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.
4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
5. Stores don't have bags or shopping carts, they have sacks and buggies.
6. You've seen people wear bib overalls at weddings and funerals.
7. You think everyone from a Yankee-state has an accent.
8. You measure distance in minutes.
9. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.
10. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit. (Well, I read it online, but yeah...)
11. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
12. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.
13. You know someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your fist. (Yes, but ironically, he's from Texas.)
14. Almost everyone you know is either Baptist or Methodist. (No, but an awful lot of them are.)
15. A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed Crew Cab is.
16. You know everything goes better with Ranch dressing.
17. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.
18. Ironically, you only crave Chik-Fil-A and alcohol on Sundays..when neither are sold. (Never cared much for alcohol. But Chick-Fil-A is another story!)
19. On one side of the road there's Wal-Mart and on the other is a cotton field.
20. The directions to your house include "turn off the paved road." (No, but they are given by landmarks.)
21. "Y'ALL" is a word.
22. Fried chicken is a major part of your diet
23. Krispy Kreme donuts are the only kind of donuts you eat. (No, but they're my favorites by far.)
24. You call it a cold Christmas if you don't break out in a sweat in your new sweater.
25. When a single snowflake falls, the entire state shuts down, even if it doesn't stick. The radio and TV news will make snowstorm reports every 10 minutes and the grocery store will be completely sold out of bread, milk, bottled water, toilet paper, and beer.
26. People actually grow, eat and like okra!
27. You know the difference between a hillbilly, a redneck, and a Southerner.
28. Your dog and your wallet are both on chains. (Isn't that from Jeff Foxworthy? Well, he is from Georgia...)
29. Panama City Beach, Florida is a big deal.
30. You understand that at least once a year your car will turn yellow with pollen. (Well, everyone else's car, anyway. This is one of those few reasons I'm glad I don't drive.)
31. You know at least one Bubba, and maybe a few guys named Bo.
32. You say "tuna fish sandwich." (not tuna sandwich)
33. You use "Sir" and "Ma'am" if there's a remote possibility that person you're talking to is least 30 minutes older than you are.
34. Braves=good. Yankees=bad. Mets=LOATH
35. You love sweet tea, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and all Southern comfort food...and Southern comfort
36. You don’t appreciate it, You preciate it.
37. Your last words might be, "Y'all watch this."
38. Herschel Walker, Larry Munson, Sid Bream, Hank Aaron are legends
39. You say and know what "I bet your sittin in tall cotton right now" means
40. You use the heater in the mornin and AC in the afternoon during the "winter" season
41. You might have heard of people finding their lost boat in a lake that has dried up recently
42. You know that Hurricanes are those the really big storms that give us lots of rain and a lil wind while at the same times destroys Florida! (Uh, we've had some pretty intense storms here too...)
43. You know there is more than one type of Pecan (Can't keep 'em straight, but I knew there were different types...)
44. You know the general population in the state will be stocking up on ammo and guns due to the new President (I wish this weren't the case, but I've met people like this.)
45. You say "mash" instead of "push", for example...buttons (Heard it plenty of times, but rarely say it. Ironically, I don't talk very Southern.)
46. The Redneck Games in Dublin and Smileys Flea Market are kinda a big deal (I've heard all about the former, but never been to it. I have been to the latter, though.)
47. Savannah is The place to go to in the state for St. Patty's Day (Never gone there for that holiday myself, but I know many who have...)
48. The Perry Fair (GA National Fair) is on your calendar of events every year (Not every year, but I have been there more than once.)
And finally... This one is the absolute Gospel truth! I have said this so many times!!
49. You are 100% Georgian if you have ever had this conversation:
"You wanna coke?"
(Guilty as charged. :-p)
This entry was originally posted at http://codeman38.dreamwidth.org/2515.html.